A recent outbreak of the Covid-19 virus has brought attention to potential dangers with physical contact between people. Covid-19 is a novel coronavirus that was first identified in 2019. The virus is believed to have originated from Wuhan, China and has since spread to other parts of the world. The primary way that Covid-19 is distributed is through close contact with an infected person.
The virus can also be spread through contact with respiratory secretions, such as saliva or mucus. This has led to many people taking precautions to avoid close contact with others, including staying home and avoiding large gatherings. For some people, this may mean spending an extended period in quarantine. While it is essential to take precautions against the spread of Covid-19, it is also necessary to stay active and healthy. Here are 5 ways to keep busy during quarantine:
Take a Walk
If the weather is nice, go for a walk around your neighborhood. This is a great way to get some fresh air and exercise.
Walking is one of the best exercises you can do for your health. It is a low-impact activity that is easy on your joints and can be done anywhere. Walking has been shown to improve heart health, reduce the risk of obesity and diabetes, and improve mental health. It is also a great way to socialize and meet your neighbors.
So, get out there and take a walk, but practice social distancing and avoid close contact with others. Also, ensure wearing a reusable mask just in case. It will prevent the virus from entering your body through the air you breathe.
Just because you’re stuck at home doesn’t mean you can’t move your body. There are plenty of ways to stay active indoors, such as doing simple exercises or stretching.
Found 5 exercises that can be done at home with little to no equipment.
- Push-ups: A classic exercise that can be done anywhere, push-ups are a great way to work your arms, chest, and core.
- Squats: Another simple exercise that doesn’t require any equipment, squats are a great way to work your legs and glutes.
- Burpees: A more challenging exercise that works your entire body, burpees are a great way to get your heart rate up.
- Lunges: Lunges are another great exercise to work your legs and glutes, and they can be done with or without weights.
- Yoga: Yoga is a great way to stretch and tone your entire body, and there are much different yoga poses that can be done at home.
Many other exercises can be done at home, such as sit-ups, crunches, jumping jacks, etc. The important thing is to get moving and stay active.
Join an Online Fitness Class
There are many online fitness classes that you can join for free. This is a great way to stay active and learn new exercises. Some popular online fitness platforms include:
- YouTube: There are thousands of free fitness videos on YouTube. You can search for the type of workout you want to do, such as yoga, Pilates, HIIT, cardio, etc.
- Peloton: Peloton is a famous exercise bike company that offers live and on-demand fitness classes.
- Daily Burn: Daily Burn is an online fitness platform that offers various workouts, including strength training, cardio, Pilates, and more.
- Fitness Blender: Fitness Blender is a website and YouTube channel that offers free workouts and nutrition advice.
Many other online fitness platforms offer free workouts. Just do a quick Google search to find one right for you.
Get active by playing some games with your friends or family. This is a fun way to stay active and spend time with loved ones. Some popular games to play include:
- Card Games: Card games such as UNO, Rummy, and Phase 10 are a great way to get some exercise and fun.
- Board Games: Board games such as Monopoly, Scrabble, and Checkers are a fun way to spend an afternoon or evening.
- Outdoor Games: Outdoor games such as frisbee, tag, and soccer are a great way to get some fresh air and exercise.
Take Up a Hobby
If you’re looking for a new hobby, now is the perfect time to try something new. Many hobbies can help keep you active, such as gardening, hiking, or biking. Just be sure to practice social distancing and avoid close contact with others. There are also some hobbies that you can practice indoors. These indoor hobbies include painting, sewing, and knitting.
Everyone is different, so find what works best for you and stick to it. If you don’t enjoy any hobby, then switch to another. What’s important is to find something that interests you to continue it for a long time.
Staying active during quarantine is essential for your physical and mental health. By following these 5 tips, you can stay healthy and active while quarantined.